Back to the routines this week: Just a reminder to please sign your child's report card envelope and send it back to school in his/her agenda. Thursday will be an early closure for Parent Teacher Interviews (Dismissal is at 12:30 pm). Please check the box on the envelope if you wish to meet with me. I will be contacting families I need to see. Thank-you for your support with this.
Current Units of Study in Grade Two:
1) Reading: Fables- we are continuing to work on comprehension skills in our reading and practice our plays with Mrs. Shantz's grade twos.
2) Language Arts: Nouns/Verbs. Pronouns and Adjectives
- We are working on a publishing project- learning to research, take notes, create rough draft and good copy on Canadian Animals- Ask your child what animal they are researching for their publishing project!
3) Math- Multiplication- learning that times means 'groups of"
Addition and subtraction- speed of recall with basic facts- this week we are being timed on +2 equations-homework is sent home on Monday!
Morning Warm-up Exercises- will include some graphs this week
4) Social Studies- Canada Communities
5) Science- The Water Cycle
-Tuesday, March 26- RCMP presentation on Stranger Danger
-Wednesdays at 12:00 in the primary hallway, PAC sells Gary's Deli pepperoni sticks, $1.00 each
-Wednesday, March 26- PAC Hot Lunch for those who ordered it
Thursday, March 27- Early Closure- 12:30 Parent Teacher Interviews
-Friday School Wide Pajama Day- sponsored by the Students Council