Just a short note today to start off our school year. Students completed their first full day in our grade 2 classroom today. We have a wonderful group of students; very polite and hard working. School Supply information will be sent home in the school newsletter soon however, here are a few things your child will need as soon as possible:
1. Gym Strip- a proper pair of running shoes. Formal gym class will start next week on Wednesday and Friday.
2. Water Bottle- students are allowed to have water in the classroom handy during the day. This keeps them healthy and well hydrated.
3. Paint Shirt- a button up shirt to keep them clean on those messy art days! We will keep this in our lockers all year. Dad’s old shirt to button up reversed works well or even a full length apron. Please label with your child’s name.
4. Pencil Case- plastic or cloth is just fine. I would just like them to have something to keep their writing tools in.
5. Pencil Sharpener- We do have a pencil sharpener in the classroom but I have found in the past, students find it helpful to have a handheld one at their desk to use.
6. Box of Kleenex- Normally I ask each child to bring in a box of Kleenex and we will share them throughout the year, however this year we seem to have a lot of Kleenex surplus left from years previous. Kleenex is much nicer for our kids to use than the toilet paper or paper towel, especially during cold season! J I will let families know if we need more brought in later in the year but for now, we have plenty! Thank-you.
I think that is all for today. A detailed letter outlining my program will be sent home early next week. I look forward to working with you (students and parents)- I know this will be an exciting year! Please feel free to contact me at the school regarding any questions or concerns. Enjoy the last bit of this wonderful summer weather!
Mrs. J. Latta